……. Curves and Shapes

From my adventures in smoke collection, I leave you with Curves and Shapes.  Something I find fascinating of taking photos of smokes is the odd shapes that form with every click of the shutter.  And if the pattern is getting too repetitive and boring; a slight move of your wrist or gust of wind from your mouth will change that very quickly.

Although the patterns are different the forms are always curvy and sometimes sensual.  If you look hard enough there is always something you can see.

Tell me………. what do  you see??
#RicardoWilliamsBlog

Post imported by Google+Blog for WordPress.

16 comments for “……. Curves and Shapes

1. Isabelle Fortin
    May 30, 2014 at 8:15 pm

I see a silhouette of a face.. I love it.

Hope its not a trick question Ricardo !

2. Ricardo Williams
    May 30, 2014 at 8:39 pm

Hi +Isabelle Fortin … no, there is no Trickery ….  Thank you for your always very supporting comments 🙂

3. Isabelle Fortin
    May 30, 2014 at 8:41 pm

it also makes me think of this song & main image +Ricardo Williams

Bitter:Sweet – Drink You Sober [Lyrics Included]

:))

4. Jesko Zabel
    May 30, 2014 at 8:49 pm

i see a car, no a bus, passing fast a well dressed lady on late paris afternoon… (no lyrics)

5. Ricardo Williams
    May 30, 2014 at 9:29 pm

Nice song +Isabelle Fortin …. 🙂 Thanks again…
    Haha +Jesko Zabel … you see a lot… but then that's what happens with smoke photos.

6. Hope OHara
    May 30, 2014 at 9:43 pm

totally love how you do the smoke +Ricardo Williams the light almost has a shine within it.. its one of those where the more one looks the more ones imagination flows.. within the swirls.. think I remember seeing one that you did think it was over at 500 .. it was blue and red if I remember right.. looked like two lovers.. I have tired this before.. but think I had way to much light.. really do love your smoke..

7. Matthew Shuey
    May 30, 2014 at 10:53 pm

Very cool shot +Ricardo Williams

8. Ricardo Williams
    June 1, 2014 at 3:10 am

+Hope OHara thank you so much.  I am glad you like it.  Smoke is tricky to shoot, but once you get that grasp of it… it is very enjoyable.  You need to be in a completely dark area… the only light you will have is the light of your flash/speedlight … on a black background…. If not you wont be able to get these effects..  … if you have any questions just let me know.

9. Louisa Catharine Forsyth
    June 2, 2014 at 11:38 am

Maybe I am obsessed with elephants since childhood +Ricardo Williams lol but in tilting my head just a little to the right, I see an elephant's profile shot and his trunk, love this in every way!!!

10. Ricardo Williams
    June 2, 2014 at 2:51 pm

You know what +Louisa Catharine Forsyth …. If I tilt my head to the right, I can see it too………. that is the magic of smoke photos…. Love it!! 🙂

11. Louisa Catharine Forsyth
    June 2, 2014 at 2:59 pm

Hehe happy you see it too +Ricardo Williams :):)

12. Saji Saju
    June 2, 2014 at 3:00 pm

I see a woman's face looking up… Very lovely, +Ricardo Williams

13. Ricardo Williams
    June 2, 2014 at 3:09 pm

That's a huge trunk that elephant is carrying +Louisa Catharine Forsyth
    Thank you +Saji Saju …. I see so many different things sometimes…..

14. Louisa Catharine Forsyth
    June 2, 2014 at 3:14 pm

Haha +Ricardo Williams you just made me grin big time, I have a terrible habit of seeing double meanings even when there aren't any 😀

When I was a kid growing up with elephants, I used to think the same thing, the joys of Africa, loved every minute of my time with them, hence +Elephant Wednesday 's creation :):)

15. Ricardo Williams
    June 2, 2014 at 3:34 pm

I am glad you can get a chuckle and a smile from all of this +Louisa Catharine Forsyth …… 🙂 and thanks for seeing figures in my smoke images…. we will see what you can make up of my next installment 🙂

16. Louisa Catharine Forsyth
    June 2, 2014 at 7:42 pm

Hehe will let you know what I think for sure +Ricardo Williams :):)