Just a Masquerade – Adventures in Smoke

Duplicity, duality, repetition, pattern

After a while of working with some smoke shots I wondered: What would they look by reflected into a mirror.  Would the effect make them more interesting or less appealing?  Will the curves and shapes be different or more interesting? Will it add or will it subtract? Will you see the same image or a different one?

Is that how it feels when you try to emulate imitate someone? When you try to live their life? When you try and walk in their shoes? When you pretend you know what they are going through? Do you see yourself like you are them, or like they are you? Or like you are the same?

I have mixed results when I think about these… sometimes they seem great and others times they seem to look better…… when not reflected in a mirror.  Do you reflect yourself in other people's mirrors?

#RicardoWilliamsBlog
Tagged  a couple people that seem to like these images.  If you dont want to be tagged please let me know and I will remove you. Thanks

Post imported by Google+Blog for WordPress.

12 comments for “Just a Masquerade – Adventures in Smoke

1. Levi Moore
    June 6, 2014 at 7:03 pm

I really dig this.
    How are you getting the different colors in yours?

2. Measie Elizabeth
    June 6, 2014 at 7:13 pm

Looks like evil eyes or wings. :)) Very nice!

3. Elizabeth Lund
    June 6, 2014 at 7:21 pm

LOVE!!!!!!

4. Andy Smith
    June 6, 2014 at 8:04 pm

Very cool!

5. Ricardo Williams
    June 6, 2014 at 8:27 pm

Thank you +Levi Moore … you can get that effect by taking the photo and processing it…. when you are happy with that add a gradient filter to it and select your favorite layer in Photoshop!

Sometimes when I look at it … I see one of those masquerade masks +Measie Elizabeth .. but you are right.

Thanks Tricky +Andy Smith … all is cool around here…. hope all is good in Tricky Andy land 🙂

6. Saji Saju
    June 7, 2014 at 2:40 am

I see two long nosed persons looking at each other. LOL !

Always a pleasure to see you wonderful art, +Ricardo Williams ! Enjoyed reading your thought process as well.. My brain can never ever go that deep..;)

Wish you a great weekend, Ricardo !

7. Theresa Puerto
    June 9, 2014 at 7:38 pm

+Saji Saju I see it! I also see two hour glass ladies with long flowing hair dancing  while they blow kisses. lol

8. Ricardo Williams
    June 10, 2014 at 5:59 pm

+Saji Saju … now that you mention that… I see it too… LOL, thanks for taking the time and checking out my work.  My weekend was great BTW…. I ended up jumping out of a plane 🙂

+Theresa Puerto …. yes, I can see that too… so many different things in each persons eyes…. that's what I love about smoke photos… and I still have quite a few to share.

9. Saji Saju
    June 11, 2014 at 3:02 pm

I also see that now, +Theresa Puerto

Wow..How awesome… Pictures or..you know how that sayin goes..;) +Ricardo Williams

10. Louisa Catharine Forsyth
    June 13, 2014 at 1:52 pm

Wow, I can see I am way more behind than you +Ricardo Williams , missed catching up with your smoke shots! Love this one the most, like two women doing synchronized swimming and looking away from each other with their hair flowing in the water… Why do I sound like I have lost my mind every time I see one of these lol Love it!

11. Ricardo Williams
    June 13, 2014 at 2:18 pm

Thanks for visiting +Louisa Catharine Forsyth …. I am glad you like it!  I still have more smoke photos to post and a lot more smoke photos to process!!

12. Louisa Catharine Forsyth
    June 13, 2014 at 7:31 pm

Looking forward to seeing them all +Ricardo Williams , once I am finished designing this years jewelry collections I will give it a try 🙂