End of Times – Despair

I raced to the top of the stairs, to the wall behind the statue, and read the writing on the wall. It was less cryptic, it was direct, but it would only work if it was for the right person.

– Your Birthday North, My Birthday East, for you a stride for some a leap.

That is 16 strides North and then 11 strides East. For a regular person, one of my strides might be a short leap. Being 6'8" would do that to you! But when I got there there was nothing. I mean I could not even get there because there was a wall before I could even get my 9th step in. I searched all around but found nothing, no other clue. Something was off! What? What if it is not only the days but also the months? So I tried again…. adding months to my simple math equation. I arrived, of course, to a different destination. There were no walls impeding my progress, but there was nothing around or above…..maybe below?

I dropped to my knees and checked the ground. Nothing obvious. I started scrubbing with my hands and using a stick to dig around the dirt and broken wooden floors and quickly was able to find a weak spot. After more digging I removed the dirt and debry, and there in a rotten dirty box it was. The clue I was looking for. I read, and immediately felt despair.

– "Provisions are low, medications are gone. I need to get my meds. Find the closest hospital. I am using a map from the gas station! Guess google maps doesn't work anymore uh?! I cant wait to see you! Hurry!"

She was hopeful that we would reunite, and so was I. But it know seems like time is running out. She is running out of food and possibly water, she is tired and weak… and she needs her medicines. What if she doesn't get them! "Don't panic!" – I said to myself. "Move!"

I headed quickly to the gas station and picked up a map. The closest hospital was less than 2 miles away. I got there in no time. Once there I searched and searched. Top to bottom. It took me 2 whole days to search everything. I didn't find her…. I couldn't find her… I didn't even find a clue! Is it possible I am at the wrong place? I double checked the map, this is indeed, the closest hospital. Why is there nothing for me here, no clue, no Debbie!

I suddenly felt a sense of rage and anger I never experienced before. A delinquent and destructive mood…. Have I lost her forever? – I asked myself. What if she is no more? These and other questions invaded my mind, which made me lose control of it all. At that point, completely out of myself, I used all my energy to break and destroy everything around me. I didn't care anymore, the option of living life alone … well, was not one I could cope with!

When there was no more damage to do there, I fearlessly moved on.. and started my reckless journey to …. wherever anger took me!

#RicardoWilliamsBlog
#EndofDays
#AngelOfDarkness
#GasMask
#EndofTimes

Background image found on the internet from http://top1walls.com/wallpaper/1550417-fire-hospital-artwork-apocalyptic–

This will be a series of composites that will span over several weeks.

Check this out on Google+

46 comments for “End of Times – Despair

1. Ellie Kennard
    July 10, 2015 at 9:45 am

Plunged into despair myself now, after reading this, I had better find something more cheerful to think on before I start to smash things up myself! Another nail biter +Ricardo Williams

2. Paul Howard
    July 10, 2015 at 9:45 am

Damn!!!
    I know she has to be careful, but……….. damn.

Every image, every chapter…. just fabulous, my brother!

3. Lauri Novak
    July 10, 2015 at 9:49 am

your eyes……

How does Debbie feel about this series so far?

4. Sherrie von Sternberg
    July 10, 2015 at 9:50 am

Nooooooooooooo, I was so hopeful. Now…now what?

5. Ricardo Williams
    July 10, 2015 at 9:53 am

Thank you +Ellie Kennard …. I am not sure where my anger will take me.
    +Paul Howard it changes from week to week… I try to keep it interesting.
    There is rage in them +Lauri Novak ?? That's a good question, I guess I will have to break the surprise to her 🙂
    +Sherrie von Sternberg I don't know what yet…. all I can say is that they are like 4 more episodes before the season finale!

6. Lon W.
    July 10, 2015 at 9:56 am

Good story. Am glad it isn't me searching. Don't break stuff. The character has to remember not to injure himself and with no meds available… for him.

7. Ricardo Williams
    July 10, 2015 at 9:59 am

I will have to keep that in the back of my mind +Lon W. …. thank you! 🙂

8. Lon W.
    July 10, 2015 at 10:01 am

It's hard. Your love and societal collapse and stuff going on.

9. Frances Schermers
    July 10, 2015 at 10:04 am

I'm very much enjoying the series, +Ricardo Williams , in spite of the awful suspense! I usually read a story this compelling start-to-finish without a break. 😀

10. Alan Bland
    July 10, 2015 at 10:05 am

Gas stations still have maps? What's next, phone booths? lol Really enjoying your work.

11. Laura McLeod
    July 10, 2015 at 10:07 am

+Ricardo Williams you can see the anger even with the mask on. Can't wait to see what happens with the next chapters. Hang in there and don't let the anger destroy your!!!!

12. Isabelle Fortin
    July 10, 2015 at 10:07 am

better and better each time +Ricardo Williams !

13. Christina Lihani
    July 10, 2015 at 10:08 am

tagging to come back to…

14. steve defeo
    July 10, 2015 at 10:15 am

Yeah… Still have me hooked… where is she? Gotta find her! Don't give up!!!

15. Ricardo Williams
    July 10, 2015 at 10:36 am

+Frances Schermers I try hard to keep it interesting…. and real…. and fun!! Thanks for the support.
    +Alan Bland as a matter of fact, I walked into one not too long ago… and they did have maps…. now the phone booths … that is stretching it 🙂
    The anger may just make me a very bad person going forward… but I am not sure yet what will happen +Laura McLeod
    See you later +Christina Lihani
    +steve defeo I dont know… there are no clues, no ideas… nowhere to go!!… We shall see!

16. Lon W.
    July 10, 2015 at 10:50 am

Am pondering the difference in the length of steps between someone tall and someone not as tall.

17. Ms. K. Bohème
    July 10, 2015 at 11:02 am

Love this series of pictures!

18. Ricardo Williams
    July 10, 2015 at 11:23 am

It can be 1/4 or 1/3 shorter/longer stride depending +Lon W. …. believe me…. I know!
    +Ms. K. Bohème Thank you so much… glad you like it.

19. Yvette van Teeffelen
    July 10, 2015 at 11:36 am

Ohhhhh I love the story +Ricardo Williams !!! I was thinking about those strides as well… Pascal's stride or mine…. big difference…. haha… OK, now go find your girl 🙂

20. Tisha Scurich
    July 10, 2015 at 12:08 pm

My strides would not be as long and so may take a third time longer to reach a destination. Great story and I hope you find your girl.
    Excellent composite +Ricardo Williams

21. Ricardo Williams
    July 10, 2015 at 12:30 pm

+Yvette van Teeffelen … the stride thing is true, right? I knew you would understand 🙂 Thank you my friend!
    +Tisha Scurich Thank you very much …. I will do my best to find her… but right now it seems I am a bit overwhelmed and in a really bad mood!!

22. J. Henry Goins
    July 10, 2015 at 12:43 pm

I like your work because you use your imagination.

23. Ricardo Williams
    July 10, 2015 at 12:48 pm

Thank you very much +J. Henry Goins … Thanks for your comments and support!

24. Yvette van Teeffelen
    July 10, 2015 at 12:55 pm

The stride thing is REAL 😉

25. Annie Weibull
    July 10, 2015 at 1:10 pm

Compelling storytelling and awesome image – every installment is captivating…great work +Ricardo Williams!

26. Art through the Apeture Photography
    July 10, 2015 at 1:41 pm

Wow, Ricardo, now I'm mad for you! Don't lose your head though, there still may be hope.

27. Ricardo Williams
    July 10, 2015 at 4:12 pm

Thank you so much +Annie Weibull I am glad you are enjoying it….
    +Art through the Apeture Photography I am going to try and keep it together… we will see….

28. lynn hughes
    July 10, 2015 at 4:13 pm

As always a great story. It drives me crazy to have to stop reading after only a few words. Looking forward to the next chapter,;)

29. Ricardo Williams
    July 10, 2015 at 4:36 pm

+lynn hughes Thank you so much for your words…. I try to make it a quick read and keep it interesting. I sometimes figure that in this busy technology/communications era, not many people want to take time to read a lot…heck, they dont even take time to comment as much as before anymore…. so I appreciate it very much every time you guys stop by!!

30. lynn hughes
    July 10, 2015 at 4:39 pm

Yours is always a must stop by +Ricardo Williams,;)

31. Sharon Stone
    July 10, 2015 at 4:52 pm

I can't even imagine searching for someone only to have your hopes dashed time after time. That has to be super frustrating! Hang in there my friend, she needs you to be strong so you can find her. Looking forward to next week!!!

32. Paul Pavlinovich
    July 10, 2015 at 5:18 pm

Man. Wow. Anger. Bring it. Debbie will be found.

33. Elizabeth Hahn
    July 10, 2015 at 9:14 pm

Oh nooooooo. I'm so sad now. Give your dear heart a hug for me!

34. Ricardo Williams
    July 10, 2015 at 10:31 pm

+Sharon Stone the struggle is real in finding someone in those situations… the whole atmosphere also messes with your mind… I will try and be strong.
    +Paul Pavlinovich I sure hope so….. putting a lot of effort in that search.
    +Elizabeth Hahn Thank you… I need to be strong, but it is so difficult…. I need to regroup.

35. Sharon Stone
    July 10, 2015 at 11:18 pm

We will be sending good thoughts to help you stay strong and focused!!!

36. Jim Migliore
    July 11, 2015 at 4:16 am

+Ricardo Williams keep tearing down and destroying what ever gets in your way of accomplishing your mission. You have the strength and will. Use your anger to your advantage. She is still out there. Great story and the composites just rock.

37. Shelly Gunderson
    July 11, 2015 at 10:36 am

Wow, another great installment! Where is she? Put that anger into thoughts to solve where she might have gone.

38. Curt Hoptry
    July 11, 2015 at 2:06 pm

Looks like it's time to sit back and watch the world burn…

39. Don Spenner
    July 11, 2015 at 7:59 pm

Loving the series, +Ricardo Williams each one gets better than the last. Medevac!

40. Kathleen Milks
    July 11, 2015 at 11:42 pm

I am so loving this +Ricardo Williams.

The only way through an emotion is to let yourself feel it, so work through the anger then continue on.
    “Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.”
    ― Roger Crawford

Holding out hope for you, until yours returns.

Oh, what it would be like to feel a love like that….

41. Cathy Custer Donohoue
    July 12, 2015 at 9:10 am

Hoping the regrouping has set in. Your writing is so wonderful and the suspense is awful for the reader and must be devastating for those in it's grip.

42. Ricardo Williams
    July 13, 2015 at 2:26 pm

Thank you so much +Jim Migliore I intend to do whatever it takes….
    +Shelly Gunderson I have no idea… and I am losing it!!
    +Curt Hoptry … maybe… who knows what happens next.
    Thank you very much +Don Spenner …. that MedEvac souns pretty tempting….
    +Kathleen Milks … .with encouraging words and support like that… how can I not do everything to fulfill the journey.
    +Cathy Custer Donohoue thank you so very much…. I can't wait to write the next installment!

43. Kathleen Milks
    July 13, 2015 at 2:34 pm

You are an angel +Ricardo Williams​, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. 😉

44. Ricardo Williams
    July 14, 2015 at 4:25 pm

+Kathleen Milks 🙂 Thank you!

45. Gary Paakkonen